Sunday 31 March 2013

Cartoon Nails with Faux Half-tone

Cartoon nails are a big thing right now. I've seen them all over the place, and I find them impossibly cute. Very clever was the person who thought this up! Triztron over at Instagram wanted to see me do cartoon nails, and I happened to have prepared this post anyway! (I'm not sure this is what she had in mind-- she is very talented at doing cartoons ON her nails-- but I can give that a shot sometime soon, too!) And because I don't like making my life easy, I thought it'd be neat to do an accent nail of a half-tone like pattern.



The cartoon nails themselves were very straightforward and I'm sure there are a bajillion tutorials up on YouTube by now, but the basic premise is to paint your nails black, then paint them the colour you want (leaving a border around the tops and sides), then adding the black stripe at the bottom, followed by the shine marks in white.



For the half-tone, I found a picture online and tried to replicate it. It didn't work. In fact, it didn't work even a little, but I like the look anyway. Sort of macro-looking. I used two jellies for this, along with a bright fuchsia and black acrylic paint.





Polishes used:
Nfu Oh - JS20
Zoya - Frida, Charisma
GOSH - Nero
OPI - Jade is the New Black, Nail Envy Matte (base coat)
Revlon Top Speed - Spirit
INM - Out the Door (top coat)
black & white acrylic paint + detailing brush

Do you like this look at much as I do?


J.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aren't they so much fun?? So much visual impact, ties in really nicely with the pop art thing that you're into!

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS