Tuesday 7 May 2013

Neon Animal Print

... Now those are three words I never thought I'd say. This has to be the most un-me nail art I've done so far, and I'm in love with it nonetheless.



For this look, I started out with a base of Spirit, then painted on various blobs / stripes / dots / curves in the neons. Once dry, I used black acrylic paint for the leopard spots and the... miscellaneous stripes? Not sure what the heck animal I ended up with, there. (It's my very first time doing any kind of animal print; please be gentle.)



I've tried to take photos in various lighting conditions to capture the neon, but no photos ever really do capture neon. Neon is the vampire of the 80s and it refuses to show up in photos.







I find it fitting that I painted these yesterday, when it was +30˚C out, and took photos of them today, when it is +15˚C out (and was +5˚C this morning!). I live in a terrifying place.

Polishes used:
Revlon - Spirit
Nina Ultra Pro - Punki Pink, Orange Flame, Solar Flare
Finger Paints - Silkscreen Green
Duri - Rejuvacote (base coat)
Seche Vite (top coat)
black acrylic paint
striping brush, detail brush, tiny dotting tool

Hoping and praying for the warmth to come back,

J.

3 comments:

  1. Christine Young7 May 2013 at 16:21

    I simply love how you did various designs/blobs under the animal print rather than something plain or a gradient (not that I don't like those). I just might have to do this sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I do hope that you give this a go, I'd love to see your take on it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate the time to write this post

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS