Friday 19 July 2013

Embroidered Moons

Nothing to Disclose

Hello lovelies! It has been a while, hasn't it? Hopefully what I have for you today makes up for the long wait. :)


The inspiration from his mani came from the polish itself. Queen You Dig It? is a collaboration shade between Pretty & Polished and Shipra of Taneja's Bride. The polish was inspired by her wedding attire, and I in turn thought it'd be neat to take inspiration from saree fabric. A beautiful saree has the ability to take my breath away like almost no other. So, while this is a very simple embroidery design, it makes me happy because it reminds me of the gorgeous, intricate embroidered designs that exist out there!


Queen You Dig It? required only two coats for an opacity that I was happy with; one thin and one thicker. It controlled beautifully. My only complaint is that the gold circles didn't want to stick to the brush. Maybe adding more would help with that, and in turn make more of them show up on the nail. But in spite of that, this polish is beautiful. I really love the gold flecks, and how the blue pops.


All of the embroidery was done with acrylics (gold + brown for the darker tone, pure gold for the lighter) and my Just Nail Pure Color #10 brush (which I trimmed down a bit), then outlined with my .005 Micron for extra Pop.


Polishes used:
Duri - Rejuvacote (base coat)
OPI - Matte Top Coat (top coat)
gold, brown acrylic paints
detail brush

I find that fabric can be an awesome source of inspiration, and I know I'm not alone in thinking that. What are some sources of inspiration that you look to?

xo,

J.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I totally love love LOVE those details! They're very neat and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! <3 I had to whip out my surgeon hands for the outlining, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Big exclamations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you my darling!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! <3 <3 <3 <3 Why am I JUST seeing this?! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS