Wednesday 7 August 2013

Sea Turtle Hatchling

Nothing to Disclose

Hello lovelies!

I know, I've neglected you. Things over the past weekend or so were very busy, lots of showing and in general lots going on. But I've got a post for you tonight, and another for you tomorrow!

Today, I have a turtle for you. Turtles are cute.


I did this little guy out of entirely acrylics, as part of a bestie twin nails endeavour with @rachelsequoia (if you have Instagram and are not following her, you are out of your bloomin' mind).


He turned out a lot more stern than my source image. Gah! Oh well.


Polishes used:
none!
acrylics in all sorts of colours
size 0 flat brush
tiny detail brush

I have a bootcamp in the morning so I'm off to hit the hay. And, seeing as I just finished watching Robot and Frank, I may also need a cathartic sob into my pillow. Such a good movie, but so sad, guys. And it summarizes nicely the differences between my boyfriend and I: at the end he chirps, "That was cute!" and I weep and state, "That was devastating!" LORDY. See it if you haven't.

Until tomorrow, my pretties, and remember to wear waterproof mascara when watching movies!

xo,

J.

11 comments:

  1. This is stunning! How can you make such tiny lines??? I really can't imagine this :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy from Lucy's Stash7 August 2013 at 23:29

    Jolene that's absolutely amazing!!!!! and one more ! Beautiful and detailed, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! At first glance I thought it was nail patch. This is just... perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, haha, thank you so much! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Lucy! That means a lot to me. <3 Big grin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Anastasia! A very teeny tiny brush and lots of practice (like most things in like, practice makes perfect!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg can i take him home with meeee???? too too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe, thanks. Turtles are adorbs, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, so where did you buy the tiny tiny brush from?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Annie! Sorry for the late reply. I found it at my neighbourhood art store, to be honest! It's a watercolour brush, used for tiny detail work. The exact brush is Isabey 6229 Repique Kolinsky watercolour detail brush in size 2/0. I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS