Sunday 8 September 2013

Denim

Nothing to Disclose

Hello lovelies!

Today's mani is my attempt at denim nails.


This is another one of those looks I could do over with acrylics and just go bananas on the fabric's weave and the stitching. It's probably best for my sanity that I opted to do this with nail polish and a fan brush.


I started with one coat of Passport Blue, then used my fan brush to brush on Skylar and then Marble. The stitching was done with a detail brush using Passport Blue and Streetside NYC (because it is optimally opaque).


While I'm not convinced these look like denim, I do find the overall effect really pleasing. I would love to do this with other colours of 'fabric' and 'stitching'. IDEAS. MOAR IDEAS. I should actually write these down.


Polishes used:
American Apparel - Passport Blue
Zoya - Skylar
Spa Ritual - Marble
Duri - Rejuvacote (base coat) (did 2 coats to prevent staining, FYI)
fan brush
detail brush

It turns out I'm still not caught up! Gotta do my E prompt next. I think I'll leave these on for a day or two before tackling that one. :) I start exercising again tomorrow morning after three weeks of inactivity, wish me luck (I will sorely need it) (that was kind of a pun)!

xo,

J.

3 comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS