Tuesday 24 September 2013

Simple Arabesque

Nothing to Disclose

Hello lovelies!

It was with mixed emotions that I took off my galaxy nails. But I needed to file my pretties down a bit, and I was kind of itching for a change. And so:


I sort of wasn't kidding about the "practice line work until no longer crap at it" thing. These look horrible in macro, but they're cute from arm's length!

This one's the most colour-accurate.

The little arabesque design is white acrylic paint, on a base of Blue is Beautiful, a lovely thermal. It is rather sheer; what you see here is two rather thick coats, and it could have used a third.


Blue is Beautiful has little blue iridescent glitters, and micro-holo glitters. The holo will of course not show up in the light box, but you can see the iridescent ones below:


Here, I dipped my hand into warm water to try and show you more of the colour shift. It goes from a sheer pale grey when hot, to light blue, to dark grey, to dark blue. Phew!


Polishes used:
Duri - Rejuvacote (base coat)
Rice - Glossy Glam (top coat-- I've heard good things, so far I like it!)
white acrylic paint
liner brush

I think that, tomorrow, I will attempt a technique that I haven't yet done, but is very popular. It'll look kind of like cake... that's all the hint you're getting. :)

xo,

J.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! That polish is very beautiful too, but I really love the design you did over it! And of course, you've now tempted me with cake?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dear! New post is up. They make *me* think of cake, at any rate. ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS