Sunday 20 October 2013

SIMPLE SUNDAY: Blood Splats

Nothing to Disclose

Hello lovelies!

So, remember yesterday when I was worried about my being hung over today? GUESS WHAT.


I'm posting from the past again! The point of my inebriation levels of last night are totally moot! How smart is this? I should post from the past more often.


It's not a Hallowe'en season without some blood splats. Now, I need to have a word with you all, here. It's of critical importance, and should be known in a post-Dexter world. It's not really blood splatter, it's blood spatter. I know, I know. It's a bit like how the Classicist in me flinches whenever somebody calls them pottery shards instead of pottery sherds. Drives me nuts! Thank you for listening to this mini-rant.


This look started with a staggering four thick coats of Naked. It doesn't even give me mannequin hands! All that work for nothing! Needless to say, especially given its price tag (I got it on clearance, thankfully), Naked does not come recommended.


The accent finger is two coats of Chyna. This polish reminds me of Dorothy's shoes and does come recommended. So classic-looking in spite of the texture!


The blood splats (it's not really spatter, it's much more haphazard splotches, I think) were done first in Fire It Up, and then in JS42 for depth. The whole thing took about a half-hour for both hands, making this Simple Sunday appropriate.

Polishes used:
Deborah Lippmann - Naked
Zoya - Chyna
Layla - Softouch 08 (Fire It Up)
Nfu Oh - JS42
medium liner brush

Have you done any Hallowe'en manis yet? This feels so out of my comfort zone, haha!

xo,

J.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like a true blood:))
    Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Ela!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS