Tuesday 22 October 2013

SWATCH: Durm und Strang

Nothing to Disclose

Hello lovelies!

Sometimes you just need to swatch something.


Today's swatch is Durm und Strang, which I like as much for its name as for its look.


I just have two wishes for this polish: that there were more lime green hexes, and that the base was more jelly to allow depth. I like that it's a two-coat polish (one thin, one thicker to get at those elusive bits of green), but I wouldn't mind a third coat if it meant more jelly awesome.


The accent nail is a watermarble of Green with Envy and Pelican Gray over a coat of Silver Sweep. It's subtle but I like it.


Polishes used:
Sally Hansen - Silver Sweep, Green with Envy
China Glaze - Pelican Gray
Rica - Glossy Glam (top coat; I've learned it's best to really wait until your base polish is starting to dry before putting Glossy Glam on it, or else you will be dealing with a lot of shrinkage)
watermarbling paraphernalia: cup of room-temperature filtered water, toothpick, masking tape, cotton buds...

I'll be working on nail art this week, but probably in anticipation of Digit-al Dozen week next month. I'll try to get something in for you lovelies to look at!

xo,

J.

5 comments:

  1. I nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award! as you know from my various comments, I truly enjoy your blog and thought you deserved another nod in your direction. Thank you for always inspiring me to push my art to the next level. http://nail-ineit.blogspot.com/2013/10/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, sweetie! Next chance I get to blog (in the middle of moving now, uugghh), I will totally follow up on this. I'm so happy I can be of help in any small way. :) Thank you for making my evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome. I hope the move goes smoothly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That glitter polish IS gorgeous! I would like to see some more lime green bits in it too though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We should start a petition. ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS