Saturday 12 October 2013

Tweed for Fall

Nothing to Disclose

Hello lovelies!

This looked better in my head. But it isn't a total failure, so up it goes!


It was IMPOSSIBLE for me to get a good photo of the base colour for this mani. I suspect this might be an ongoing battle between my camera and darker colours. They always end up way too dark. I have no idea how to rectify this because I know basically nothing about cameras or how they work. (True story.)


The base for this was Creeping Moss. The tweed accent nail didn't come across quite as well as I would have liked, but it was pretty easy and fun to do; just do the spun sugar technique both horizontally and vertically. I used Aciiied, Desert Fruit, and Xixabangma on a base of Tempest. Next time, I will do it on a dark base and use white as one of the spun sugar colours.


This photo is the only one that is vaguely colour-accurate. It's crappy, but the colour is as light as it appears on the right-hand side.


Polishes used:
Contrary Polish - Creeping Moss, Desert Fruit
Models Own - Aciiied
butter LONDON - Nail Foundation (base coat)
Rica - Glossy Glam (top coat)
Studs and rhinestones from Born Pretty
dotting tool (for spun sugar technique)

Many posts upcoming! One tomorrow, then one each day all next week becaaaauuuseee... Digit-al Dozen week is starting! Holy moly! I'm kind of nervous.

And to any lovelies who are Canadian, happy Thanksgiving!

xo,

J.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE!!! That tweed looks great - another technique I need to try. I think I did try it once but I was too impatient to wait out the dry time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you like it! It makes me want to try it again, hopefully with better results!


    I've learned the secret to spun sugar is to use those mega-pigmented polishes that are already kinda thick, it takes less time for them to get to the right consistency... Also a good one to use while watching TV, you can kind of zone out and come back to the polishes later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creeping Moss looks fantastic and I love the tweed accent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS