Monday 11 November 2013

DIGIT-AL DOZEN WEEK: Black & White Music Notes

Nothing to Disclose

Hello lovelies!

SO BEGINS DIGIT-AL DOZEN WEEK #2.


This week, we're doing black and white manis. This is exciting to me. I love constraints like this, I find it helps me to imagine nail art possibilities better than being told to do anything.


For Day 1, I opted to combine my Digit-al Dozen prompt with my ABC Challenge prompt, which was M for Music. This mani started with two coats of White On and one coat of HK Girl on all fingers.


I then put two thick coats of Moonlight on my thumb and ring fingers as accent nails. To be honest, this is one place where I rubbed against my Digit-al Dozen prompt a bit. This would have looked so BOSS with a brightly coloured glitter topper, and I had just the one in mind (Moosh by Happy Hands). Argh! Oh well.


The designs were all done with Camelot and my trimmed-down long liner brush and tiny detail brush.

Polishes used:
Sally Hansen - White On
butter LONDON - Nail Foundation (base coat)
Glisten & Glow - HK Girl (top coat -- trying it out, have heard good things, will report back soon)
tiny long liner brush
tiny detail brush

I'm really happy with how the lines came out in this mani! They would have been even better if I'd used a fluid acrylic paint, but for something done with nail polish, I'm quite pleased. :) Come back tomorrow for another black & white mani!

xo,

J.

CHECK OUT WHAT THE OTHER TALENTED LADIES OF THE DIGIT-AL DOZEN ARE UP TO:







18 comments:

  1. WOW unbelievable work...I definitely thought this was stamping until I read that you free-handed it. Great work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Emily!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY COW! THIS IS FAB! What a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, thank you so much Laurie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally thought you stamped these!!! They are amazing! The curves of the notes are so impressive! Especially with nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, thank you so much, Lindsey! I'm so happy you like them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peace, Love & Polish12 November 2013 at 06:53

    Your work with this is simply stunning! They seriously look stamped they're so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uhm, are you joking? I assumed this was a stamp, too! Crazy impressive detail!! I also love that you broke it up with some silver accents, really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Vic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you my dear! All these references to stamping are going to go to my head... hahah!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Emma! I was second-guessing those accents, I'm really glad you like them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you sweet pea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. super cool dude! i love how consistent and thin you get your lining down...this is A1!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Missykins! I'm practicing like crazy, if something wasn't getting better I'd be flipping tables by now...

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS