Friday 29 November 2013

Purple One-Stroke Flowers

Nothing to Disclose

Hello lovelies!

My title today is sort of unimaginative, but I'm running down to the wire on getting this out today (well, MY today), which is when I said I would! Also I'm suspiciously and mysteriously tired. I think I overslept. There are worse things in life.


I still can't one stroke to save my bloody bloomin' life. Truly cannot. But I keep trying! Maybe I should borrow a book from the library or something. I watch YouTube videos with eagle eyes and I still think it's pure unadulterated magic.


The base of this is three coats of Still Waters, followed by one coat of Happy Anniversary. The rest are all acrylic paints, done with a flat and an angled one-stroke brush.


There is a winter storm warning in effect for this weekend, with additional snow dumps of up to 30cm (1ft) and gusting winds and temperatures down to -30˚C (-22˚F) by the middle of next week and why yes I am in fact distracting myself with flowers, how astute of you to notice.


Polishes used:
Liquid Sky Lacquers - Still Waters
OPI - Happy Anniversary
Duri - Rejuvacote (base coat)
acrylic paints
flat one-stroke brush
angled one-stroke brush
complete ineptitude

I'm thinking that, nonetheless, my next design will be more wintry. It's hard not to be influenced by my surroundings. How's the weather where you are??

xo,

J.

10 comments:

  1. I really love your colour choices for this! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh! This is so wonderful! Very beautiful flowers! And your pinky is so cute!!))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers! The purple flowers against the green background looks great! I hope the snow storm near you wasn't too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! This is a technique I really need to test out, but I hear is far more difficult than it looks; which in your case is effortless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really well realized! Compliments, I love it ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Rebenice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is definitely some special science magic to one stroke. I have tried my hand at it throughout the years and have never figured out what the secret to it is. But this mani is fab - you can tell its one stroke and it is GOOD girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! Lovely flowers, and you're much, much better at one-stroke than I am. Mine are more like,'having a stroke' flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much sweetheart! :) I swear I don't know the secret, either, but if ever I figure it out, I'll try to share it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bahahaha!!! I actually laughed out loud when I first read your comment, which NEVER happens to me. Thank you for that! And I'm sure your flowers are not as bad as all that!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS