Sunday 3 November 2013

Snowy Windows

Nothing to Disclose

Hello lovelies! It snowed overnight. Winter is officially here. There are a few centimetres on the ground as I type this. I'm getting my winter tires on tomorrow morning, provided I can drive to the tire place on my summers. I'm inconsolable. I hate winter. But it gives me an excuse to do nail art.


For this look, I was aiming for a 'candle through a snowy window' sort of a thing.


I started with two medium-thick coats of Cape Liz. I then did two coats of topcoat to protect the base from what was to follow. I painted on the candlesticks using Shawn, and dabbed on some acetone along the bottom to blur them out. The flames were done with Helios and Sulfur Blaze.


The snow was done with White On and the watercolour technique, which mostly saw me dabbling through polish and acetone with relative abandon. There was no method here; just whimsy. Finally, I took a tiny brush and dotted on the snowflakes with undiluted White On.


Polishes used:
Cirque - Cape Liz, Helios
Zoya - Shawn
Cover Girl - Sulfur Blaze
Sally Hansen - White On
Duri - Rejuvacote (base coat)

When my nails are longer, I think this would be a cute look to revisit with little window frames covered in snow. We shall see. I might be absent for a couple days as I frantically work to catch myself up on Digit-al Dozen work (I did two manis yesterday! Both for December! WHAT). But I won't be gone long, I promise!

xo,

J.

4 comments:

  1. Jacky Andrews Bridgewater5 November 2013 at 01:01

    Oh my goodness, these are adorable! Something I would never have thought of but wish I had, you know? lol Love them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very creative and beautifully done! Go you! I'm *almost* looking forward to snow after seeing these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I like snow for about all of 24 hours, and that's sufficient for me. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you darling! If you try it sometime, let me know!!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS