Wednesday 11 December 2013

DIGIT-AL DOZEN WEEK: Red/Green/Gold Holly Berries

Nothing to Disclose

Hello lovelies!

Today's Day 2 mani is a day late; yesterday was full of existential greyness. Sorry about that. But here I am!


Holly berries are the easiest thing to do, in terms of holiday designs. They also hold a special place in my heart because they're one of the designs that I distinctly remember doing when I was a kid, using only toothpicks. 


I remember quite literally nothing about the polishes that I used for this mani. You have my sincerest apologies, but there's no way I'm going to be able to throw together a Polishes Used section for you today. 


The only thing I remember is that the base is, as best I can recall, Nails Inc.'s Mayfair. It's a pearly off-white that seemed worthy of the season. Macro time!:


I broke my index nail down to nub yesterday, too, just in case it wasn't apparent that it was a Really Bad Day. I have one look for tomorrow for Day 3 completed on my normal nails, and then I have to figure out if I'm up to the challenge of doing Days 4 and 5 on nubs. Eeeek. I'm a bit ashamed?! Even though there's nothing to be ashamed OF?!?! So yeah.

xo,

J.

CHECK OUT WHAT THE OTHER TALENTED LADIES OF THE DIGIT-AL DOZEN ARE UP TO: 




11 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I love their simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peace, Love & Polish12 December 2013 at 11:39

    Call me weird, but the tiny gold dots really make this mani. They're not overbearing - so they add to the holly leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you can!!!! Sorry about the newly born nub, but, honey, see it as a challenge rather than a hindrance :D I know you can do you, you're just that awesome.
    Sorry about the bad day yesterday - good thing it's gone by, hey? ;)
    Cheer up, girl **

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Definitely needed to work that gold in, and I'm really glad you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I can! I embraced my nubbiness for my latest post, and I'm just trying to think up what to do for tomorrow's... :) Thank you for your encouragement, Mina, you are the absolute sweetest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No nub shame! Most of you guys call em nubs and I'm like yeah, those are my LONG nails! I love the gold bits in this mani, it somehow makes it look like a grown up holly design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Noooo, you have beautiful, perfect-length nails! Don't even! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I adore the tiny gold dots, they really add so much to the overall look. I need to add holly to my list of "holiday nail art ideas"

    ReplyDelete
  11. You definitely should do some holly! It's simple and immediately recognizable and overall pretty great. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS